Does getting dental fillings increase the risk of developing prostate enlargement?

In brief: No

Dental filling and cavities do not interfere with the prostate or cause prostate problems.

In brief: No

Dr. Moez Khorsandi
Dr. Moez Khorsandi
Dr. John Thaler
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: Not likely

Never heard of any association of the two, much less a direct link.
Cannot imagine how they could be related. You might check online for any info. Good Luck.

In brief: Not likely

Dr. John Thaler
Dr. John Thaler

In brief: Prostate Hyperplasia

Exact cause is unknown, but most likely due to hormones and growth factors, none of which are remotely related to dental fillings.

In brief: Prostate Hyperplasia

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Pseudoscience

There is no evidence that shows any correlation between having dental fillings and increased risks for prostate enlargement.
Ask your dentist for more information.

In brief: Pseudoscience

Ask your dentist for more information.
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Diane Minich

In brief: No

not related.

In brief: No

not related.
Dr. Diane Minich
Dr. Diane Minich
Dr. Richard Ruden
Dentistry

In brief: No

I have never read any articles suggesting this relationship.

In brief: No

Dr. Richard Ruden
Dr. Richard Ruden
Dr. Peter Dantini
Dentistry

In brief: No

I know of no medically proved connection in which dental fillings may cause prostate enlargement.
The chemicals released by silver (amalgam) or white (composites) are so low that our exposure through diet (of similar or same chemicals) is higher.

In brief: No

Dr. Peter Dantini
Dr. Peter Dantini
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Nope

Nope. Never heard of that.

In brief: Nope

Nope. Never heard of that.
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. James Lin
Urology

In brief: Where and how...

Where and how did you get the idea described in this Q? If you can let the world know about where and how, I or may colleagues may look into it in detail.
Nonetheless, I have never read or heard anywhere in my 46-yr study and practice in urology. So, up to this moment, I would not think there is such a connection.

In brief: Where and how...

Dr. James Lin
Dr. James Lin
Dr. Vicken Poochikian