Are there any laser skin treatments for age spots? I'm looking for a way to get rid of the dark spots on my face for good. I stay out of the sun and exfoliate regularly, but nothing seems to help. I don't want a temporary solution. Would laser skin treatm

Dr. Burke Chegar
Facial Plastic Surgery

Intense pulsed light (ipl) is a quick and effective way to fade unwanted skin pigment with little downtime.
Permanent removal of unwanted skin pigment is much more difficult without permanently affecting the rest of your skin's natural skin color. Ipl followed by good skin care, sun protection and use of hydroquinone can extend the results of treatment but periodic touch-ups will be necessary.

Dr. Burke Chegar
Dr. Burke Chegar
Dr. Raffi Dishakjian
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: Lasers

Lasers and light-based therapies are the best means of getting rid of age spots.
The result will be permanent if intense sun exposure is avoided after the treatment. There are many lasers and intense pulsed light systems that can be used for this purpose and the choice will depend on your skin condition. Accordingly, it is important that you seek treatment in a center equipped with a wide choice of laser systems, and the procedure is performed by an experienced doctor; not a technician in a day spa.

In brief: Lasers

Dr. Raffi Dishakjian
Dr. Raffi Dishakjian