I'm 24 years old, and am considering corrective surgery. Should i wait until a certain age to do have any kind of surgery? I have astigmatism, and mild myopia, and my vision was around -1.25 in both eyes. Also, what kind of surgery would be best?

Dr. Jeffrey Whitman
Ophthalmology

In brief: Lasik

I agree that lasik would be best.

In brief: Lasik

I agree that lasik would be best.
Dr. Jeffrey Whitman
Dr. Jeffrey Whitman
Dr. Mark Pyfer
Ophthalmology

In brief: LASIK if stable

If your prescription has not changed much in last 1-2 years, then you should do well with lasik, as long as you have a through eye exam and computerized measurements of your corneal curvature and thickness, and all is normal.
Preferably the exam should be done and all testing reviewed by the ophthalmologist / eye surgeon who will perform the procedure. Make sure to get all your questions answered.

In brief: LASIK if stable

Dr. Mark Pyfer
Dr. Mark Pyfer
Dr. Andrew Doan
Ophthalmology

In brief: Typically

Typically eye surgeons like to wait until patients are 21 years old before performing refractive surgery.
You have a couple options that work well, including lasik and prk. Also, your refractive error should be stable and not changing. Because you live in socal, i encourage you to meet with dr. Melton, a cornea and refractive surgery specialist, at eye associates of southern california (www.Eye-socal.Com). Dr. Melton is outstanding.

In brief: Typically

Dr. Andrew Doan
Dr. Andrew Doan
Dr. Peter Kurzweil