Used a manicure scissors a little too far down my thumb. Now I think infected. I have soaked it in epsom salts. What to do? And it hurts

Soaking. Soaking it in warm water with epsom salts is a great start. Try to do it 2 or 3 times a day for 20 minutes at a time until it heals. You can also apply antibiotic ointment to the site and cover with a bandage to keep dirt out. If it becomes more painful, red, swollen, or starts to have a white yellow, or green discharge, call your doctor since you may have an infection that needs oral antibiotics. Legal disclaimer: I am providing this general and basic information as a public service and my response to this question does not constitute a doctor-patient relationship. For any additional information, advice, or specific concerns, please speak with your own physician. The information provided is current as of the date of the answer entry.