Will my vision improve immediately after having cataract surgery? I need cataract surgery, but i'm worried that i won't be able to see after the surgery. I'll need to return to work as soon as possible after the procedure. How long will it take for my vis

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology

In brief: Vision improves fast

Cataract surgery is a quick and easy procedure from which you can recover. Most people begin to see better within a day of the procedure, but this depends on the degree of cataract as well as the type of cataract surgery you have.
Depending on your work, you may be able to resume normal activities almost immediately. Speak with your eye surgeon about your particular situation.

In brief: Vision improves fast

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: Cataract surgery

The vision typically is improved by 24-48 hours after surgery.
For complete healing, it takes 3-4 weeks though.

In brief: Cataract surgery

Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Alma Murphy
Ophthalmology

In brief: Visual

Visual recovery is usually rapid after cataract surgery.
My patients are often able to return to work one or two days after their surgery, depending on the occupation. Normally only one eye is operated on at time, which will leave your vision unchanged in the eye that is not having surgery . Your eye surgeon will be glad to advise you about returning to work. The improvement in vision from cataract surgery should make it all seem worthwhile.

In brief: Visual

Dr. Alma Murphy
Dr. Alma Murphy
Dr. Michael Ham
Ophthalmology

In brief: Cataract surgery

Typically you can return to your normal activities including work the next day after cataract surgery.

In brief: Cataract surgery

Dr. Michael Ham
Dr. Michael Ham
Dr. Shontae Buffington