Been told by my dentist-i need 2 hav extraction of 1root tip, n hav my teeth filled cause of cavities. Should i go to see ENT and gastroenterology for my bad breath problem. I just want to get rid of bad breath

Dr. John Rohm
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Bad breath

The cavities and root tips are an obvious source of the bad breath.
Any mouth problems should be dealt with first, cavities are rotting parts of teeth. If there is still a problem after the obvious then seek more obscure answer.

In brief: Bad breath

Dr. John Rohm
Dr. John Rohm
Dr. Gary Chapman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: See a Dentist

Halitosis(bad breath) can be caused by periodontal disease, carious teeth (cavities) and certainly a retained root tip may cause inflammation and a consequent bad smell.
You need to get the disease out of your mouth to have good breath again. Go see a dentist and get your teeth fixed.

In brief: See a Dentist

Dr. Gary Chapman
Dr. Gary Chapman
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Get your mouth healthy first, since most breath odors come from the mouth. Explore the other causes once your mouth is healthy
Dr. Michael Wolfe
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Bad

Bad breath can be caused by many things.
Poor oral hygeine is the most common. The dental problems have to be addressed by a dentist. Try brushing the very back of the tongue once a day--that may help after doing that for a while. Sometimes that is difficult due to the gag reflex.

In brief: Bad

Dr. Michael Wolfe
Dr. Michael Wolfe
Dr. Robert Smith
Dentistry - Pediatric

In brief: Fix your teeth ASAP

Decay in the mouth can cause bad breath.
You should have them taken care of before they get infected and cause more problems.

In brief: Fix your teeth ASAP

Dr. Robert Smith
Dr. Robert Smith
Dr. Raj Borade
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Dentist-ENT -Gi

Bad breath is called as halitosis and tooth decay is a very common cause of it.
I would first get the teeth fixed so that there are no cavities. Inspite of this if you still have bad breath then you can consult an ENT and a GI physician. A few GI disorders can cause halitosis but they are are relatively rare compared to an oral cavity cause for halitosis.

In brief: Dentist-ENT -Gi

Dr. Raj Borade
Dr. Raj Borade
Dr. Adam Smith