Will there be any sagging after I have a breast implant removal? I'm not happy with how my breast implants have appeared over time and i'm thinking about getting them removed. I'm concerned about how my breasts will look after a breast implant removal, ho

Dr. Oren Lerman
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Probably

After removing breast implants many patients have significant sagging of the skin which has been stretched over time.
You may likely need a mastopexy (breast lift) after removing the implants.

In brief: Probably

Dr. Oren Lerman
Dr. Oren Lerman
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Depends on size

There is a genralized feeling that implants over 350cc promote soft tissue atrophy and are more likely to produce chest wall compensation that are more difficult to reverse upon implant removal.
With smaller implants, one may experience a subtle degree of loss of upper fullness following removal, however, it has been my clinical impression is less than that observed with pregnancy, .

In brief: Depends on size

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Jason Hess
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Breast

Breast behavior following explantation of implants depends on your age, skin elasticity, breast size, implant size, and length of time implants have been in place.
The younger the patient and the smaller the implant, the less sagging breasts experience following surgery. If large implants are removed from small breasts in a middle aged woman, clearly there will be sagging. However, if a modest sized implant is removed from a young women, elasticity of the skin will result in a breast that differs minimally from the presurgical breast shape.

In brief: Breast

Dr. Jason Hess
Dr. Jason Hess
Dr. Tom Pousti
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Need Consultation

It is not possible to give you advice without direct examination and a full communication of your goals.
Whether or not a breast lift will be necessary will depend on the amount  and quality of overlying breast skin and skin elasticity. Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain /weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above.

In brief: Need Consultation

Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Azita Madjidi
Surgery - Plastics

They will droop if you have had them for many years.
Your skin has stretched and your skin laxity has increased with time.The gravity has also pulled your implanted breast down. If you have saline implants, your surgeon can deflate them and leave them alone for a few weeks. You'll have an idea of how they would look without implants. Otherwise, you won't know until they are out.

Dr. Azita Madjidi
Dr. Azita Madjidi
Dr. Jane Van Dis