What is the best type of vision correction surgery for someone with astigmatism? I'm tired of wearing glasses and contacts, but I have severe astigmatism. What type of vision correction surgery would be best for me?

Dr. Brad Feldman
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: Our

Our laser technology has improved to the point that we can reliably treat mild to moderate amounts of regular astigmatism, but there are still patients with astigmatism who do not qualify for laser vision correction.
The best way to determine if laser vision correction would be a safe and reliable way to treat your eyes is to seek a consultation. Your doctor will examine your corneas with several different methods in order to make this determination.

In brief: Our

Dr. Brad Feldman
Dr. Brad Feldman
Dr. Andrew Doan
Ophthalmology

In brief: I

I agree with the dr. Feldman, you need to have an eye exam to determine if your eyes are healthy enough to have laser vision correction surgery.
Some of the important factors to consider are: are your corneas thick enough, is your astigmatism range acceptable for treatment, and is your refractive error within the acceptable range to have the surgery? Your ophthalmologist (eye physician & surgeon) will be able to let you know if you're a good candidate or not.

In brief: I

Dr. Andrew Doan
Dr. Andrew Doan
Dr. Steven Seres