Does tumescent liposuction give the best results, as compared to other liposuction techniques? I've been reading a lot about the different types of liposuction and it's all quite confusing! I really want to find a procedure that can help me with my flabby

No. Don't choose a tool or technique for your surgery but rather the surgeon. It is the end result that counts. So, for your liposuction procedure, consult with a board certified plastic surgeon and check the before and after pictures to make sure that you like the results.
Plastic Surgeon. You should consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. He will be able to guide you as to which procedure is best for you. I use tumescent, vaser, and laser (smartlipo) liposuction techniques. I think that smartlipo is great for the arms, neck, and abdomen. Vaser is great for the back and breast. Tumescent liposuction is great for all the other areas. An experienced surgeon is best.
Be Careful! Your description of “flabby” body parts makes me wonder whether you are a candidate for liposuction surgery. This procedure is indicated for patients with diet and exercise resistant adipose tissue along with good quality overlying skin elasticity. Without this elasticity, patients may be left with loose skin/irregularities. Seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons. Best wishes.
Tumescence. Tumescence refers to the amount of fluid injected before starting liposuction in relation to the amount taken out. All kinds of liposuction techniques use tumescence to minimize blood loss. It has nothing to do with it being traditional lipo, ultrasonic, vaser, power assisted or laser. Most well trained plastic surgeons use tumescence.
You. You are correct when you say that exercise will not tighten the skin. But the skin is not the only issue you seem to have. What you describe is very common after pregnancy. Not only does the skin get stretched out, but the muscles in your tummy get stretched apart as well. And there is no natural way to make them move back together. This is called diastasis. When you have sagging skin and pouchy muscles there is no liposuction technique that will help. You may need to consider a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty). I host a radio show on aesthetics every week. In honor of mothers day last week we did a show on mommy makeovers. This week we will be doing a show on tummy tucks (witch hazel). I invite you to listen in. You can click the link below to listen to the show. You can also download the show as a free podcast in itunes. It is called "new reflections".http://www. Voiceamerica. Com/episode/53721/mommy-makeovers-happy-mothers-day [http://www. Voiceamerica. Com/episode/53721/mommy-makeovers-happy-mothers-day]i hope this info helps! Best regards, adam j rubinstein, md, facshttp://www. Dr-rubinstein. Com [http://www. Dr-rubinstein. Com]305-792-7575past chief, section of plastic surgery jackson north medical centeractive member, american society of plastic surgeonsactive member, american society for aesthetic plastic surgeryactive member, international society of aesthetic plastic surgeryfounding member, american society of bariatric plastic surgeonsactive member, american academy of anti-aging medicineconfidentiality notice: the information contained in this electronic message may be privileged and confidential, and may or may not contain sensitive and personal information, including identifiable health information, the confidentiality of which may be protected by federal and state law and is only for the use of the individual (s) or entity (ies) named on address line (s)above. This electronic message in no way substitutes for medical or cosmetic advice. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited, and the reader is requested to notify dr. Rubinstein at 305-792-7575 or info@dr-rubinstein. Com [mailto:info@dr-rubinstein. Com] immediately and to delete the information. We assume no responsibility for consequences resulting from the information contained in this email.