Am i immune to fever blisters? I've 29 and have never had a fever blister in my life. My whole family gets them, and my wife gets them frequently, and i even kiss her when she has them (although i try to avoid actually touching the blisters). I find it

In brief: Depends

It depends if you ever had chicken pox before.
You may want to be tested with a blood test to see if you had chicken pox in the past. If you did not, then please get vaccinated for chicken pox so that you will never get that illness (which can be a difficult illness in adults). You will not get cold sores or shingles f you never had chicken pox as a child.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Mark Hoepfner
Dr. Mark Hoepfner
Dr. David Schleimer
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Sort of...

Though it is likely you have been exposed to the virus that causes this (hsv i), and indeed may carry the virus in your facial nerve trunks; you are one of the minority of people whose immune system effectively short-stops the virus from expressing itself fully.

In brief: Sort of...

Dr. David Schleimer
Dr. David Schleimer
Dr. Erik Suh

In brief: LOL..

Lol.. Let me tell you that you are not immuned.
But it is strong enough to keep from blistering. But soon as you get older or when your immune system level is low, you will probably get them. Now you jinxed yourself.

In brief: LOL..

Dr. Erik Suh
Dr. Erik Suh