Could my enlarged prostate be pinching my urethra?

Dr. Chris Kyle
Urology
That's why enlarged prostates can cause obstructive lower urinary tract symptoms like straining to void, incomplete emptying, etc.

Dr. Chris Kyle
Dr. Chris Kyle
Dr. James Lin
But the degree of mechanical urethral pinch is not in a linear proportion to that of functional urethral pinch. Therefore, some men with big may still void, and others with small prostate may have a heck of voiding difficulty.
Dr. James Lin
Urology
In brief: My take is ...
Yes, but the degree of mechanical urethral pinch is not linearly proportional to that of functional urethral pinch.
Therefore, some men with big prostate may still void well, and others with small one will have a heck of voiding difficulty. To many - laypersons & some professionals alike, they construe voiding difficulty as prostate enlargement. So, bottom line is symptoms & bladder emptying...

In brief: My take is ...
Dr. James Lin
Dr. James Lin
In brief: Irritating
At your age of 30, an inflamed prostate could be irritating your urethra.
In older age groups than you when the prostate is enlaged(BPH)it can pinch the urethra. If you are having such symptoms see a doctor.Good luck.

In brief: Irritating
Dr. Michael Michaels
Dr. Michael Michaels
Dr. Steven Seres