What are the enduring implications to my appearance of pec augmentation? Will pec augmentation cause my chest to look bulky or unnatural should I decide to begin a workout program and amass more lean muscle in my chest?

Dr. James Henning
Anesthesiology

In brief: It might

This is a great question for your plastic surgeon.
He/she should have before and after photos and be able to make specific recommendations.

In brief: It might

Dr. James Henning
Dr. James Henning
Dr. Jason Hess
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: It

It would certainly be advisable to engage in a vigorous exercise routine prior to any augmentation.
It you can attain the mass you expect without augmentation, this would be ideal. Pec implants may be encapsulated by scar tissue over the long term. This can distort the chest and create a distorted appearance or pain. There is far more data regarding breast implants than pec implants, because breast implants are more common. Breast implants tend to thin the overlying muscle and can also be complicated by capsular contracture (internal scarring). If you decide to proceed with this surgery, i would visit at least 2 board certified plastic surgeons. I hope this helps!

In brief: It

Dr. Jason Hess
Dr. Jason Hess
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine