How can I keep cellulitis from coming back? I got it for the first time about two years ago, and the antibiotics the doctor gave me worked. Then it came back six months later. The antibiotics worked, but not as good. Now it’s coming back every three or fo

What's the cause ? Cellulitis is basically a visible inflammation (itis) of the skin and soft tissues (red, hot, swollen and tender) . It can be caused by many things including sunburn (radiation), trauma (sprained ankle) or poor vein circulation (stasis dermatitis). It need not be caused by bacteria. If you have repeated episodes of this, get to a wound care or vascular specialist, the diagnoses you have is wrong.
Identifying disease. You must identify the cause of the recurrence the bacterial type and be in the care of a doctor who will consider many options as chronic suppression with antibiotics and changes in lifestyle and personal habits.
If . If e cellulitis is over a bone or joint, the doctor needs to be sure that you don't have a bone infection called osteomyelitis. Also ask your doctor if they think you may have an immune system problem. Things you should do include eating a healthy diet with enough protein. There are some studies that show eating yogurt can be beneficial, and some practioners advise use of tea tree oil skin application to prevent infections. But cellulitis is concerning so at the first sign of redness or pain please get checked. Also please be sure that you have been screened for MRSA (type of staph infection), and if positive that you complete a MRSA eradication program.