What is the best type of vision correction surgery for someone with astigmatism? I'm tired of wearing glasses and contacts, but I have severe astigmatism. What type of vision correction surgery would be best for me?

See a refracive surg. Very complex answer. See an ophthalmologist who does refractive surgery. Many do a free consultation. To best answer we need to measure you eyes and vision in a comprehensive manner to determine which procedure will be the best for you.
Astigmatism. Astigmatism correction can be done with laser eye surgery (lasik, prk, lasek), incisions (lri, cri), clear lens extraction using toric intraocular lens implant, toric phakic lens implant, intracorneal ring segments, or other treatments. See a corneal surgeon.
Depending . Depending on your degree of astigmatism, you may be a candidate for lasik surgery. I recommend that you see an eye surgeon who will perform corneal topographies to determine your corneal astigmatism. Only after knowing your corneal astigmatism, your corneal thickness, refractive error, and eye health can a surgeon determine if lasik is right for you. If you are older and have cataract, there are toric intraocular lenses that will correct astigmatism. Combined with lasik, patients may achieve freedom from glasses for distance vision. After cataract surgery, however, you will need reading glasses, unless you pick a multifocal lens.