What is the best procedure for stretch mark removal? I have several areas on my body with stretch marks that i think are unsightly. I want to finally get rid of them, though i've had a hard time figuring out how. It seems like there are plenty of products

Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Don't work

Although some lasers and or retinoids may help red or dark striae respectively, the remaining agents are generally a lot of hype and most of these will improve with time.
There are no proven ways to remove them.

In brief: Don't work

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge

In brief: Your

Your best option for removing unsightly strecth marks is through laser surgery, although this service is typically most effective when used in the early stages.
It has been found that the older, grayer strecth marks are more difficult to address. Laser surgery entails the application of a beam of light to remove the layer of skin, and the result is reduction in appearance for red pigmentation in the skin. Other creams and procedures such as microdermabrasion and chemical peels will, over time, improve the appearance of stretch marks.

In brief: Your

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Jane Van Dis