I have gained 55lbs in the last year despite exercise, low fat diet, and constant breast feeding. What is wrong with me?! I have gained 55lbs in the last year despite exercise, low fat diet, and constant breast feeding. What is wrong with me?!

LOW FAT . My experience is low fat does not work very well.You could have Insulin resistance, carbohydrate intolerance, you should ask your md..Some of your questions are answered at www.Weighstation.Net look at newsletters increase cardio, decrease carbs and be sure you eat.
Our . Our bodies evolved over the centuries to try to keep fat on. This helped our ancestors survive through hard winters and time periods when they didn't have enough food. Some people have metabolisms that are better at keeping fat on than other people. Obviously nowadays, that is not something that we want. There are some metabolic conditions that can cause weight gain, such as hypothyroidism, so you may need to have a blood test to check for that. It is very common during the child-bearing years to gain weight, due to hormone fluctuation and the body trying to conserve fat. Many women also feel very hungry when they are breastfeeding, too. It sounds like you are doing everything right with diet and exercise, and eventually it will pay off, but don't be too hard on yourself.