Do I have incontinence? Or am i just waiting too long to go? I don’t usually go to the bathroom when i first notice i need to. I wait a while, but not usually so long that I have to go really bad. Sometimes, just when i’m thinking i better go, i suddenly

Dr. Betsy Greenleaf
Gynecology

In brief: Maybe

You maybe waiting too long or you may have an overactive bladder.
An examination, cystoscopy, and urodynamic testing can tell for sure.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Betsy Greenleaf
Dr. Betsy Greenleaf

In brief: There

There are different types of incontinence.
There is stress incontinence, urge incontinence, and total incontinence. If your incontinence is associated with urge to go to the restroom, and you can not hold it, then it is urge incontinence. First you need to rule out a urinary tract infection. Bladder hyperactivity may be associated with this type of incontinence, also. There is the need to confirm if you are emptying your bladder, and be sure that there is no microscopic hematuria associated with urge incontinence. If this is the case, then a formal cystoscopy (to look inside the bladder with a tiny scope) should be done.

In brief: There

Dr. Alejandro Rodriguez
Dr. Alejandro Rodriguez
Dr. Keegan Duchicela