How painful is a mommy makeover? I’ve never had surgery, but i’m really considering a mommy makeover, because everything is just sagging after three kids. I’m not good with pain, though. Will it be bad? It seems like doing breasts and tummy would just mak

Dr. Jourdan Gottlieb
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: The

The amount of discomfort varies a lot from patient to patient, and is related to the complexity of the surgery.
Since you address the issue of sagging, i will answer the question with the assumption that you would consider abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) and breast lift (although that may be an incorrect assumption). Most patients do well with oral medications to control the pain associated with surgery. If you were to have your surgery in hospital with an overnight stay, it is quite unlikely that a combination of oral and intravenous pain meds would not be sufficient for the discomfort. With either or both of the procedures you may be considering, ask you surgeon about a post-operative pain pump, which slowly delivers a long-lasting local anesthetic into the surgical areas. These have been quite effective in controlling post-op pain, and usually reduce or eliminate the need for oral medicines for pain.

In brief: The

Dr. Jourdan Gottlieb
Dr. Jourdan Gottlieb
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Managing Pain

A mommy makeover often produces dramatic results and yes, it can be an uncomfortable recovery depending on the specifics of your surgical case and the methods you choose to help minimize and manage any pain and discomfort.
Be sure to discuss your goals and concerns with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your specific options, including the use of a pain pump following surgery.

In brief: Managing Pain

Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Dr. Younghoon Cho
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Mommy makeover pain

Mommy makeovers can be quite uncomfortable.
Some things you can do to minimize discomfort includes the use of long-term numbing medication such as Exparel or a pain pump. It is usually at the abdominal portion of the procedure that is more comfortable than the breast. I would definitely consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss the procedure in more detail.

In brief: Mommy makeover pain

Dr. Younghoon Cho
Dr. Younghoon Cho
Dr. Tom Pousti
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Pain Varies

Pain after mommy makeover surgery varies from one patient to another and will differ depending on exactly what procedure is performed.
The use of pain medication, muscle relaxants, pain pumps etc. Tend to make these operations “tolerable”, with most patients “over the hump” after 2 to 4 days. Your plastic surgeon will provide you with more precise advice during the consultation process.

In brief: Pain Varies

Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Adam Rubinstein
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: A

A mommy makeover can be a great way to improve your look with a single trip to the operating room. The amount of pain involved will depend upon the procedures being done.
In most cases, the pain is well controlled with pills. I host a radio show every week and just did a show on mommy makeovers in honor of mothers day. I invite you to listen in:http://www.Voiceamerica.Com/episode/53721/mommy-makeovers-happy-mothers-day [http://www.Voiceamerica.Com/episode/53721/mommy-makeovers-happy-mothers-day]you can also download the show for free as a podcast in itunes. The show is called, "new reflections".I hope this info helps!best regards, adam j rubinstein, md, facshttp://www.Dr-rubinstein.Com [http://www.Dr-rubinstein.Com]305-792-7575past chief, section of plastic surgery jackson north medical centeractive member, american society of plastic surgeonsactive member, american society for aesthetic plastic surgeryactive member, international society of aesthetic plastic surgeryfounding member, american society of bariatric plastic surgeonsactive member, american academy of anti-aging medicineconfidentiality notice: the information contained in this electronic message may be privileged and confidential, and may or may not contain sensitive and personal information, including identifiable health information, the confidentiality of which may be protected by federal and state law and is only for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) named on address line(s)above. This electronic message in no way substitutes for medical or cosmetic advice. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited, and the reader is requested to notify dr. Rubinstein at 305-792-7575 or info@dr-rubinstein.Com [mailto:info@dr-rubinstein.Com] immediately and to delete the information. We assume no responsibility for consequences resulting from the information contained in this email.

In brief: A

Dr. Adam Rubinstein
Dr. Adam Rubinstein
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham