I have had herpes for 10 years and been tryin to get pregnant for the last year...Does having herpes and not taking medicine cause me to be not fertile

Dr. Travis McCoy
Fertility Medicine

In brief: No

Having herpes will not affect fertility.
However, other past infections can affect the fallopian tubes. Even those who report never having had a pelvic infection can have had one and not known it. If you have been trying for more than 6 months at your age, you should talk to your doctor about looking at the tubes with an xray dye test, called a hysterosalpingogram (hsg).

In brief: No

Dr. Travis McCoy
Dr. Travis McCoy
Dr. John Hakim
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: To

To my knowledge herpes and antivirals do not effect fertility.
However, alot of other std's like chlamydia can effect fertility. So would have yourself checked for the other stuff.

In brief: To

Dr. John Hakim
Dr. John Hakim