How do I know i’m getting enough vitamin d? I only eat fish once a week because of mercury contamination worries, but I do drink vitamin d fortified orange juice. How do I know i’m getting enough?

Dr. Ronald Krinick
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Blood levels

A blood test is required for a precise answer.

In brief: Blood levels

Dr. Ronald Krinick
Dr. Ronald Krinick
Dr. Alisa Hideg

In brief: We

We recommend seeing your health care provider to discuss this question.
When you live in the northwest, a routine daily supplement is usually necessary. Coldwater fish that is wild, such as salmon, cod, halibut, and sardines are your best choice for low mercury and high amounts of vitamin d3. You can also take a supplement of vitamin d3 of 2000 iu daily a blood test can be done to measure the amount in your blood and you can discuss this with your health care provider.

In brief: We

Dr. Alisa Hideg
Dr. Alisa Hideg
Dr. Steven Seres