What could cause severe dry eyes? My eyes have been really dry for the past couple of weeks, and I don’t know why. I haven’t started any new medications, I don’t wear contacts and I don’t have any allergies. So what could be causing this?

Dry eye. New onset dry eye needs evaluation by a cornea specialist. You may have an undiagnosed autoimmune disease or eye disease which needs treatment.
Dry . Dry eyes can be caused by numerous things. A complete eye exam is necessary to determine the causes. Usually artificial tears and lid hygiene will help to reduce your dry eye symptoms. If all the above fails, consider placing punctal plugs in your eye to reduce dry eye symptoms. Summer is starting and california is a dry climate. This can make dry eye worse. Try over-the-counter artificial tears first and see if this helps your dry eyes.