I have broken the tibia at the ankle in my right leg. Should I have surgery or just get a cast? I have no insurance. I managed to run over my own foot/ankle/leg with a three wheeler almost two weeks ago (really, no really!) l the brake is at the ankle a

In brief: Fracture

You need to be evaluated and have xrays taken before any treatment can be considered .
Don't wait - sooner rather than later. Good luck.

In brief: Fracture

Dr. Thomas Inwood
Dr. Thomas Inwood
Dr. Joseph Hogan
Podiatry

In brief: Evaluation

Evaluation and probable x-ray are required before treatment options can be considered.

In brief: Evaluation

Dr. Joseph Hogan
Dr. Joseph Hogan
Dr. Rajeev Pandarinath
Sports Medicine

In brief: If

If the doctor is giving you choices, then it may be possible to heal without surgery.
It completely depends on the x-rays. Casting was done much more frequently in the past, but now with surgery, you can do earlier range of motion of your ankle, and perhaps line up the bones a little bit better.

In brief: If

Dr. Rajeev Pandarinath
Dr. Rajeev Pandarinath
Dr. Keegan Duchicela