Could this be skin cancer? I have a mole that recently appeared on my shoulder that is three different colors. I'm also very fair-skinned and a natural redhead, so i'm covered in freckles on my shoulder. The mole is clearish, and it looks as though the co

Dr. Michael Sabel
Surgery - Oncology

It could be melanoma or another form of skin cancer.
Early diagnosis is essential to successful treatment so please have this examined by a dermatologist or your pcp soon.

Dr. Michael Sabel
Dr. Michael Sabel
Dr. Travis Kidner
Surgery - Oncology

In brief: Possible

Any new or concerning skin lesions should be pointed out to your dermatologist.
Remember with your fair complexion you are at an increased risk for developing skin cancers.

In brief: Possible

Dr. Travis Kidner
Dr. Travis Kidner
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge

In brief: Any

Any mole that appears on your skin after the age of 20 should be assessed by a dermatologist to ensure it is not cancerous.
Because you are fair skinned, your risk for developing melanoma is higher it is a good idea for your to use spf daily and observe your freckles, moles and skin frequently for changes. Reprt all changes and abnormalities to your health care provider.

In brief: Any

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge