How long must I wait after a removal of IUD before I am able to have children again? I am intending to get pregnant this summer, and but not before. How long should I wait to take out an iud? Is there a period of time in which must wait before being able

I . I am in agreement, 1-2 cycles at the most. Theoretically, you are fertile from the moment the iud is removed. Good luck to you.
I . I agree with dr. Opsahl, a cycle or two is really all you need. One thing to keep in mind is that the first period after removing an iud with hormones in it (like the mirena), can come at an unpredictable time. It may not be 4 weeks after your last period, for instance. It may be more like 6 or 7 weeks. If it has been 2 or 3 months, and you still have not gotten a period and you are not pregnant, you may want to talk to your doctor. He or she can do some tests to see why your periods have not returned.
I . I think that you may want to wait a cycle or two to resume normal bleeding; however, the likelihood is that you will have good fertility. A scandinavian study demonstrated excellent fertility (94%) after stopping the iud contraception when there were no complications. (http://1.Usa.Gov/k3vtzm). Outcomes were good for users who had the iud removed because of a problem. If you are having any abnormal bleeding or pain then you should consult your physician. Good luck.