Breast reconstruction after breast cancer. Why can't I find a doctor to take my medicade? I am trying to have breast reconstruction surgery after breast cancer.

Sad commentary. -Medicaid rations care; doctors under compensated; patients struggle. Health reforms aren't national, vary state by state. Ethically should be same everywhere.
Breast cancer. I am very sorry to hear this. Each state is different. Please search locally for resources for breast cancer survivors. There may be funds or other resources available though a nonprofit or other organization that can help you.
Difficult problems. This is a difficult problem as more and more hospitals are turning away medicaid patients as the cost to treat them is much more than the reimbursement by medicaid. Saying that- keep searching. Our cancer center in orlando does accept medicaid. Call 321-841-7090 to find out more.
Sorry . Sorry about your issue here. I am not familiar with your medicaid policy. I do accept medicare here in california. It is ironic, though, that the government frequently speaks of medicare cutbacks. However, doctors often make very little profit or even lose money while treating medicare patients. People frequently view doctors as eternally wealthy. However, with the cost of malpractice insurance, office rent, and staffing, the cost to run a practice is high. And one can only continue to practice for so long when making little or no profit. Unfortunately, there is more and more business administration in medicine than there ever has been. Though we don't like to view health care as a business, it certainly plays a role. Keep looking. You will find help. It may just take time and effort. Good luck!
Breast . Breast reconstruction is federally mandated as a medical necessity and therefore covered by insurance, no matter what coverage you have incluidnh medicaid. The problem is that not all doctors accept medicaid. You will need to call around to local plastic surgeons to find one that will be willing to take care of you. You can check with your primary physician for a recommendation but ulimately it will be up to the individual surgeon.