I was diagnosed in late feb. With chronic viral sinusitus. For 5 weeks I have been using a neti pot two times a day plus nasal spray. I did have CT scan at that time with imflamed nasal tissue. I still have pain in my ears and a extremely loud ringing in

Dr. Thomas Klein
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: ?allergies

I recommend allergy skin tests to see if you have underlying allergies that can cause sinus inflammation.
Allergies make infections more likely. Ringing in the ears could be due to fluid behind the ear drum which is a sign of either infection or allergies. I assume the nasal spray you are using is a steroid nasal spray like Flonase which should be effective. Allergy shots may be needed.

In brief: ?allergies

Dr. Thomas Klein
Dr. Thomas Klein
Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: I

I can understand your concerns as 5 weeks is a long time to have this going on.
It sounds like your ct scan showed sinusitis. Sinusitis can sometimes change from viral to bacterial, and as yours has lasted 5 weeks it would be important to be re-assessed to see if you need antibiotics. This is especially important for you, as you have had a valve replacement, as we are always very concerned that a patient with a valve replacement may have problems with untreated infections. I would advise medical evaluation for your continued symptoms, and to be sure that the doctor you see is aware of your prior valve surgery and any medications that you currently take.

In brief: I

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine