Having awful pain in the top of my foot on the right top of my foot near where it joins my leg. No redness, swelling or warmth. Some relief when i sit in recliner with foot elevated. Standing and walking makes it much worse. Have not injured my foot in an

Dr. Joseph Hogan
Podiatry

In brief: Evaluation

Evaluation and x-ray are recommended.
Possible arthritis or nerve impingement.

In brief: Evaluation

Evaluation and x-ray are recommended.
Dr. Joseph Hogan
Dr. Joseph Hogan
Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: It

It sounds like inflammation or possibly infection.
If there is no history of trauma, you may have some inflammation of a tendon or even the joint. If you have no reasons that you can't take ibuprofen, you can try that and see if it helps, and the elevation of the foot is a good idea whenever possible. Another possibility would be gout. If you are having severe pain, redness, swelling, red streaks from the area, any swelling in the joint, or any fever then you must be evaluated medically immediately.

In brief: It

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav