Why does my left eye feel heavy? The corner of my left eye has been feeling heavy for 2 days and aches a little bit when i blink. This started about half hour after i left the landfill (to throw some recycling material). It was windy and a little dusty th

Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: Eye irritation

You may have gotten something in your eye which causes significant eye irritation.
Try frequent artificial tears, ointment at night, and warm compresses. If no improvement, see an eye doctor.

In brief: Eye irritation

Dr. Andrew Doan
Ophthalmology

In brief: Sometimes,

Sometimes, wind can blow small fragments of plant material, metals, and sand/dirt into the eyes resulting in a foreign body irritating the eye.
If pain persists, then you should see an eye doctor to determine if there is a foreign body to remove from your eye.

In brief: Sometimes,

Dr. Peter Kurzweil