How old do you need to be to get laser eye surgery? Do you need to be a certain age? My eyes are still changing and my vision is getting worse, but I'm interested in getting corrective surgery. How long do I need to wait after getting glasses?

The. The food and drug administration (fda) has approved laser vision correction after age 21. Should should definitely wait until at least that age, although some people's eyes change until their mid to late 20's. Make sure your vision is stable before proceeding. Your ophthalmologist should see you 2 years in a row to make sure that things are stable before performing laser vision correction. But again, I would wait until at least age 21.
It. It is a good idea to wait until you're after 18 years of age. Your glasses prescription should be stable for at least 6 months. Consider coming to temecula, ca where you can be evaluated by our cornea specialist and enjoy wine country. Visit our website for more information: www. Eye-socal. Com.