I was wondering if it safe to take ADHD medication (if a have a big varicose vein in my leg) i was diagnosed w it recently and i was too embarrased to tell my doctor

Dr. John Landi
Phlebology

In brief: Safe.

It is certainly save to take your medication if you have a varicose vein and it would be wise to tell your physician about it.
Better still, see a vein specialist and have a venous reflux ultrasound to see if you can have your varicose vein treated before it worsens.

In brief: Safe.

Dr. John Landi
Dr. John Landi
Dr. George Clark
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: Varicose vein

Nothing to be embarrassed about.
If these veins are symptomatic may want to consider evaluation to include ultrasound. Doubt adhd medication has any relevance.

In brief: Varicose vein

Nothing to be embarrassed about.
Dr. George Clark
Dr. George Clark
Dr. Ted King
Phlebology

In brief: ADHD and leg veins

I want to emphasize what dr. Clark said: no need to be embarrassed.
Talk to your doctor. You can certainly take your adhd medicine (and want to continue to do that) and you should let your doctor know about it. You also want to let your docotr know about the varicose vein. Both problems can be successfully treated as long as your doctor knows what is going on.

In brief: ADHD and leg veins

Dr. Ted King
Dr. Ted King
Dr. Thomas Wright
Phlebology

In brief: Probably safe

It is probably safe to take adhd medication.
It is best to tell your doctors about all of your medications and conditions.

In brief: Probably safe

Dr. Thomas Wright
Dr. Thomas Wright
Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: There

There are no contraindications that I am aware of with taking your adhd medication and having varicose veins.
As always, take your medication as prescribed. Varicose veins can be painful and uncomfortable, if you are wearing compression hose and having persistent pain, aching, or any redness then you should be evaluated medically.

In brief: There

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology