What to do about this gastritis? I went to my doctor caused i felt bad from my stomach so he told me i had gastritis so took medication but then on the weekend had to go to the ER cause my stomach burned and felt a pain in my upper rib and then the pain w

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Pain, Stomachs & Doc

Not sure why you would go to the er when you need ongoing care and evaluation best provided by your family physician or a gastroenterologist.
If one's medical condition is not responding to standard treatment then further evaluation must be under taken to determine the cause of treatment failure.

In brief: Pain, Stomachs & Doc

Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Jeffrey Duman
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: It

It is difficult to determine the cause with the evaluation you have thus far undergone.
To diagnose "gastritis" a procedure looking into your stomach and taking biopsies is required. Consider asking your primary care doctor if you should see a gastroenterologist. Best of luck.

In brief: It

Dr. Jeffrey Duman
Dr. Jeffrey Duman
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine