Should my friend be concerned about accumulation of fluid in her eye after cataract surgery? She believes the fluid may result from eye drops she's taking. Those are: bromday, predforte, and vigamox.

Dr. Michael Ham
Ophthalmology

In brief: Normal

This is most likely normal if the fluid is on the surface of the eye, and not in the eye.
It should improve with time and when she finishes the drops. If there is fluid in the retina or cornea, then she needs to see the surgeon for treatment.

In brief: Normal

Dr. Uday Devgan
Ophthalmology

In brief: She

She needs to see her surgeon.
In the vast majority of cases, there should be no issues like this. How come she can't get ahold of her surgeon? This makes no sense to me. It's a shame that you have to go online to ask this question for your friend instead of having her call her surgeon directly and resolving the issue in minutes. In my practice, all surgical patients are given my email and cell phone number. That is what i would want if i were the patient!

In brief: She

She needs to see her surgeon.
Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: Fluid in eye

Your description sounds like your friend may be allergic to one of her drops or may have some irritation due to the drops.
She needs to see her surgeon for further evaluation and treatment.

In brief: Fluid in eye

Dr. Alma Murphy
Ophthalmology

In brief: Generally

Generally fluid in the eye, such as corneal or retinal swelling will resolve within days or weeks of the cataract surgery.
Eyedrops such as Bromday and predforte are usually helpful.

In brief: Generally

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham