Is there any doctors who specialize in irregular heart beat I had a CAD and other test that show my heart is healthy but ekg's show irregularheart. I am on metoprolol 25 mg. Any suggestion would be helpful. Thanks

Electrophysiologist. A cardiology specialist called an electrophysiologist -- or "ep "" for short. They specialize in heart rhythm disturbances.
Typically. Typically a general cardiologist is a good place to start. If there is any evidence of significant abnormal electrical activity (arrhythmia) then you will sometimes be referred to an electrophysiologist, who is a cardiologist who specializes in the electrical activity of the heart.

Related Questions

I have an irregular heart beat I had a severe COPD attack 2 weeks ago which I eneded up in the hospital.....Yesterday I went to the doctor for a follow up and the doctor noticed that I had a irregular heart beat (as high as 141 bpms) so she ordered a ekg

Caffeine. Caffeine can increase heart rate and blood pressure a bit, but nowhere near as high as you've indicated. A heart rate of 141 and "skipped beats" sounds to me like new onset atrial fibrillation, which in turn could represent a small heart attack or other injury to your heart that happened during your COPD attack. It would be important to have this problem addressed, since atrial fibrillation can cause blood clots to form in the heart and these can then cause strokes. Also, it will be important to evaluate whether in fact you did have a heart attack, because that might predict more in the future. A. Fib can often be eliminated with medications or a procedure called cardioversion. If not, then you should probably be on a blood thinner.
It. It is hard to know what kind of 'irregular heart beat' you have. If the rate was truly at 141 BPM (and that was more than a few beats), chances are it is a pathological cardiac arrhythmia such as atrial fibrillation, atrial flutter or multifocal atrial tachycardia. It is possible but unlikely that it is just sinus (normal) tachycardia but to drinking tea unless you were taking very large amounts or you COPD is severe.

Today an EKG detected an irregular heart beat - and arrhythmia. What may I expect when I see a cardiologist?

A professional. Opinion. Your test will be reviewed and option presented. Medication or ablation and avoidance of stimulants, further testing could be offered.
That depends! There are arrythmias that are common and not serious - and arrythmias that are dangerous. A lot depends on your age and overall medical condition. Your cardiologist may do an echocardiogram - a soundwave test to look at your heart "squeeze" and valve function. They may do a "stress test" to see how well your heart works when you exercise. In the meantime, call if you have symptoms!
Arrhythmia. It depends what they found on ekg. Arrhythmia can be very variable. Depending upon what kind of arrhythmia, you may need nothing or further treatment.

Can metopolo cure irregular heart beat?

Cardiologist. Input is what you need, metoprolol, is meant mainly to treat hypertension, heart failure, angina, etc., treating irregular heart beat is different and depends on evaluation by a cardiologist, who may or may not use metoprolol.
Depending. It would depend why the medication was prescribed and what the diagnosis is for. It can prevent some abnormal rhythms or irregular types of heartbeats but it is also used to control the rate of other rhythms.
Metoprolol. Metoprolol is used for different reasons including controlling heart rate in certain kinds of irregular heart rhythms, high blood pressure, angina etc.

My 19 yr old daughter is having trouble with irregular heart beat. I'm trying to find a doctor in sedalia, mo. What type of doctor should I start with?

Irregular heart beat. In general, you want to start with a primary care physician (family physician or internist) and have them decide whether referral to a cardiologist is necessary. They can do an ECG for you, which sometimes will give an answer to your situation right away.

My son is 14 bicuspid valve. With irregular heart beat. Is there a connection between the two. His doctor is saying no. Which I don't trust?

Your doctor is right. An irregular heart beat or arrhythmia is caused by the electrical impulses that make your heart beat not working in a coordinated fashion. Bicuspid valve disease could be congenital. About 2 % of the population has it. It is twice as common in males than in females. Symptoms may not appear until later in life depending on the severity of the disease.