Have any of you doctors found success in patients using cymbalta (duloxetine) for arthritis and body pain (lower back and generalized pain) I have had oa/ra and generalized body pain (probably including fibro) for over 10 years. Is there hope?

Mixed results. Of all the patients I have had, most said Cymbalta (duloxetine) did not help. One said it helped immensely. Every "body" is different! trying it yourself is the only way to know. You need up to 60 mg for a clinical dose.
Yes, . Yes, Cymbalta (duloxetine) and similar medications have been used with some success in generalized pain syndromes such as fibromyalgia. Various medications that help mood and sleep also have a beneficial effect on pain. At the same time, it's very important to pursue a low impact aerobic conditioning program and to deal with stress if that's an issue.