Is botox better than dysport? I was looking into getting injections, and there seem to be a ton to pick from. I'd like to know what the difference between botox and dysport is, and whether one is clearly better than the other. Or, is there some other bran

Dr. Houtan Chaboki
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: Botox

Botox and Dysport work similarly to reduce wrinkles by relaxing some facial muscles.
Both are given via injections in the office and anesthesia is usually not required. Most plastic surgeons or dermatologist primarily use botox, since it's been in available for a much longer period. Dysport is a relatively new alternative for wrinkle reduction. Only after a comprehensive evaluation can a specialist help determine appropriate options for you. Best of luck. Dr. Chaboki.

In brief: Botox

Dr. Houtan Chaboki
Dr. Houtan Chaboki
Dr. Lisa Kates
Dermatology

In brief: Similar,Coke & Pepsi

Both Botox and Dysport work great to relax the muscles of facial expression, especially in the upper face.
Botox was the first to be fda approved in the us, however on many countries like europe the preferred product was dysport. The only difference is the onset of action is quicker of dysport. Some patient prefer Botox some prefer dysport. In my practice it is about 50/50, ie. Coke and pepsi.

In brief: Similar,Coke & Pepsi

Dr. Lisa Kates
Dr. Lisa Kates
Dr. David Levens
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Botox

Botox and dysoport are both neurotoxins that are used to selectively weaken certain muscles of facial expression (typically around the forehead and eyes) resulting in lessening of wrinkle lines and more favorable eyebrow positioning.
Both products come from the same botulinim toxin type a but are prepared by two different manufacturers which may account for some minor differences. Botox (from allergan) has been around much longer, but Dysport (from medicis) has given Botox some competition. Two reported differences are that Dysport may act a bit quicker and may diffuse further from the injection site. Each physician and patient may have there preferences for one product over the other, but basically, the efficacy of the two is quite similar.

In brief: Botox

Dr. David Levens
Dr. David Levens
Dr. Burke Chegar
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: Depends

You shouldn't see any difference between the two products so long as they are done in similar fashion.
Other products will be available for aesthetic treatment (xeomin) but will also have a similar profile.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Burke Chegar
Dr. Burke Chegar
Dr. Suzanne Galli
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: Neurotoxin

they are both neurotoxins but different isomers.
They have a similar mechanism of action. There are slight difference in their dosing, onset of action and final result.

In brief: Neurotoxin

Dr. Suzanne Galli
Dr. Suzanne Galli
Dr. Jason Hess
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: These

These two neurotoxins are very similar, but are different brands.
Based upon my experience, Dysport takes action more immediately whereas Botox takes several days for results to become apparent. I have had more patient satisfaction with Botox than dysport, but the experience of each physician and patient may differ.

In brief: These

Dr. Jason Hess
Dr. Jason Hess