Issue after c-section i had a c-section about six weeks ago and I do not think my uterus has completely gone down to it's original size. I'm concerned that this may cause problems since my husband and i would like to start trying again for another baby in

Dr. Leslie Miller

In brief: Usually

Usually it takes 1 to 2 months for your uterus to involute or shrink down to a non pregnant size.
However the size will always be larger after a term pregnancy and with a c-section the position of the uterus can change. It is only 6 weeks since your delivery so perhaps this is why but if it does not shrink soon you should go to see your health care provider to make sure there is not a uterine fibroid or other reason. Having a larger uterus because of a pregnancy does not prevent future pregnancies as long as the uterus is still a normal uterus.

In brief: Usually

Dr. Leslie Miller
Dr. Leslie Miller

In brief: Trying for a baby

Your body goes thru many changes following birth including healing, reduction of uterine size.
There are several factors that must be considered when you start trying again. If your are breast feeding your body will naturally be less likely to ovulate or have appropriate uterine lining. The cesaerian section will need time to heal. Your body will know when you are ready to have a baby again. Wait.

In brief: Trying for a baby

Dr. Gustav Blomquist
Dr. Gustav Blomquist
Dr. Adam Levy