My 2 yr old grandson started running a fever this afternoon and it is staying around 103 even after meds and tepid bath. He has had motrin and tylenol and my daughter put him in the bath..Fever remaining around 103 should she take him to er..He is not com

Dr. Oscar Novick

In brief: Roseola or not?

At this age he may be incubating roseola, which is a harmless virus affecting children fever lasts three days and when the fever breaks a red to pink rash appears on the torso.
If he is playful and happy you might want to wait it out, but if there is any concer take him to theer.

In brief: Roseola or not?

Dr. Oscar Novick
Dr. Oscar Novick
Dr. Swati Avashia
Internal Medicine & Pediatrics

He should be seen by a doctor. It may just be a viral infection but if he doesn't have any other symptoms that point to a viral infection the doctors may want to check for urine and blood infections in a child this age.

Dr. Swati Avashia
Dr. Swati Avashia
Dr. Kenneth Mcclain
Pediatrics - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: I

I would suggest a doctor see this child and do some basic blood tests (cbc, liver functions, viral and bacterial cultures).
This may be a simple viral infection with no consequences, or a more serious infection. Better safe than sorry.

In brief: I

Dr. Kenneth Mcclain
Dr. Kenneth Mcclain
Dr. Jane Van Dis