My teenage daughter's boyfriend has tested positive for mono. Do i need to have her tested too? Do antibiodics knock it out?

In brief: See below

Antibiotics do not help mono.
It would not hurt to have her tested.

In brief: See below

Antibiotics do not help mono.
It would not hurt to have her tested.
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh

In brief: No/no

Mono often occurs in early childhood as a simple virus that is similar to most they have and seldom results in a doctor visit or diagnosis.
They are then immune. It is more intense in teens or adults, but takes a good 3-6 weeks before most show signs. Antibiotics would not help anything (virus). Testing before any signs of illness is usually falsely negative. I'd just wait & see.

In brief: No/no

Dr. Jonathan Jassey