Astigmitism and corrective procedures? I am near-sighted, and have worn glasses since high-school. I feel like my eyes are gradually getting worse. I really want to get lasik-eye surgery. However, i've been told that since i haveastigmitism, this procedur

Dr. William Trattler
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: Astigmatism ; LASIK

Lasik is a procedure that can definitely help patients with astigmatism, as long as the corneal topography shows a normal appearing cornea.
So - can see your own doctor and get evaluated to see if you are eligible for lasik.

In brief: Astigmatism ; LASIK

Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: Lasik

Lasik can correct most levels of near-sightedness and astigmatism.
See a lasik surgeon for a screening and more information.

In brief: Lasik

Dr. Christopher Starr
Ophthalmology

In brief: That

That actually is not entirely true.
Laser vision correction procedures are quite good at reducing moderate amounts of astigmatism. The laser I use (amo visx s4) is capable of correcting up to 3 diopters of myopic astigmatism and, from personal experience, is quite accurate in this regard. For people with mixed astigmatism it is actually approved for up to 5 diopters of astigmatism. If your astigmatism is 3d or less then laser vision correction surgery could very possible be an effective way to correct your vision.

In brief: That

That actually is not entirely true.
Dr. Charles Titone
If you have higher astigmatism incisional corneal, clear lens extraction with a toric Iol or toric phakic IOL may be an option.
Dr. William Forsythe