What do fluid tablets do to help labyrinthitis?

Dr. Thomas Benda
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Nothing
Diuretics, pills that make you pee and lose salt, are used for menieres disease, a particular disease causing recurrent dizzy spells.
Labyrinthitis is one severe dizzy spell lasting days, with or without hearing loss. I can think of no reason to use a diuretic for labyrinthitis. Early on valium or Meclizine are used for severe vertigo spells. See an ent.

In brief: Nothing
Dr. Thomas Benda
Dr. Thomas Benda
Dr. Dennis Diaz
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Not helpful
I am not aware of fluid tablets being helpful for labyrinthitis which is an infection or inflammation of the balance portion of the inner ear.
Vast majority are viral infections. Fluid tablets are most often used in the management of meniere's disease which is believed to be due to a build up of fluid in the semicircular canals of the inner ear.

In brief: Not helpful
Dr. Dennis Diaz
Dr. Dennis Diaz