What’s the best treatment for liver cancer? My aunt was diagnosed with liver cancer and i’m wondering what’s the first, best treatment? Her doctor says chemo, but we want her to get a second opinion.

It's . It's really difficult to answer this question without much more detailed information. There are many options for treating liver cancer, including chemotherapy, radiation, and surgery (including liver transplant), but the most appropriate option in your aunt's case depends on a great many variables that are unknown to me. Systemic chemotherapy is usually of pretty limited value if the cancer in question is hepatocellular carcinoma. On the other hand, it might be very effective for metastatic disease. I see that you're in ann arbor, mi. I would suggest that you contact the liver tumor clinic at the university of michigan. They have a multidisciplinary team that will be able to provide whatever type of treatment is most appropriate.