Will my hair grow back after a skin biopsy on my head? My doctor wants to do a skin biopsy on my head, but i’m afraid i’ll have a bald spot?

Dr. John Munshower

In brief: It depends

Depending on how the bx is performed, you may grow back your hair. For example, the bx could be done using and eliptical incision, and the skin could be pulled back together and sutured, so you would have no bald spot when it heals.
You would have to discuss the procedure with the dr. To see if they can accomodate your wishes as to trying to do the best procedure to prevent a bald spot.

In brief: It depends

Dr. John Munshower
Dr. John Munshower