What are thyroid cancer symptoms? My lymph nodes are swollen, so i first thought i had an infection. But i feel ok, the swelling isn’t going away and now my voice is hoarse. Could I have thyroid cancer?

Dr. Kenneth Lee
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Thyroid cancer

Thyroid cancer normally presents with a mass that is biopsied to show cancer. Advanced cancer can affect the recurrent laryngeal nerve to change your voice quality (mass effect) or lymph node involvement.
Lymph node enlargement is more commonly related to a cold or infection. See your doctor for more details.

In brief: Thyroid cancer

Dr. Kenneth Lee
Dr. Kenneth Lee
Dr. Kenneth Gross
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Thyroid

Thyroid cancer can cause hoarseness, but usually you would notice a lump on your thyroid gland by the time you got hoarseness.
You definitely need to have your doctor evaluate you, because swollen lymph nodes that don't go away could indicate several serious conditions and thyroid cancer is just one of them. Hoarseness for no obvious reason also needs to be evaluated. You should see an ear nose and throat doctor.

In brief: Thyroid

Dr. Kenneth Gross
Dr. Kenneth Gross