What causes my ears to pop extremely loudly when I swallow or wiggle my jaw?

Dr. Dennis Diaz
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: ETD

Ears popping with swallowing or jaw movement, most commonly, is due to eustachian tube dysfunction.
The eustachian tube connects the middle ear with the back of the nose. The muscles of swallowing are also the muscles the open and close the eustachian tube. Colds, allergies, ear infection as well as other swelling and inflammation can lead to eustachian tube dysfunction (etd) and ear popping.

In brief: ETD

Dr. Dennis Diaz
Dr. Dennis Diaz
Dr. Rodney Diaz
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Eustachian tubes

Eustachian tubes are popping open, equilibrating air pressure in middle ears (behind ear drums) with that of the environment.

In brief: Eustachian tubes

Dr. Rodney Diaz
Dr. Rodney Diaz
Dr. William Forsythe