Is stage 3 liver cancer curable? I know the chances of surving it are probably low, but has anybody been cured of this stage? Is it at least possible?

They have been. It is rare but there have been cures.

Dr. Terry Simpson
Dr. Terry Simpson
Dr. Robert Andrews
Radiology - Interventional

In brief: The

The simple answer is that, yes, people do survive stage 3 liver cancers.
That said, it is difficult to predict the likelihood of survival from case to case, especially without more information than you've provided. There are several types of primary liver cancer and their responses to therapy vary. You are fortunate in that you live near some high-quality medical facilities. Uc san fransisco and stanford are great programs with a multi-disciplinary approach to cancer therapy. Your treatment options may include medical therapy, surgery, radiation, and minimally invasive image-guided interventions, and both of these facilities support the full range of options. I would recommend that you contact either or both programs and make an appointment in their liver tumor clinics.

In brief: The

Dr. Robert Andrews
Dr. Robert Andrews
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery