Do i need another back surgery? I have a herniated disk at l5-s1, i've been suffering for over 3 years now. I had a surgery in november of 2009, all that was done was scraping the calcium off of the nerve to relieve sciatica. It all started again 6 mont

Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management

In brief: Pinched Nerve

Sounds like you have a pinched nerve in your back.
I would suggest seeing a pain/spine specialist to evaluate you further to evaluate what level and what can be done to treat you. There are interventional treatments besides medications and surgeries that might reduce or eliminate the pain altogether.

In brief: Pinched Nerve

Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Richard Rooney
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: This

This could be from a new cause of compression on the nerve, scar tissue constricting or tethering the nerve or collapse of the disc leading to bony compression on the nerves.
Imaging such as an MRI would help to delineate the cause of the pain.

In brief: This

Dr. Richard Rooney
Dr. Richard Rooney
Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Need?

It all depends on why the nerve is re pinched the clean off plan have brief relief a new plan like restore spacing maybe in order , redo surgeries success rates are lower keep in mind this all elective optional surgery so i dont use the word need.

In brief: Need?

Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Gregg Friedman
Gregg L. Friedman MD Psychiatrist agrees
Dr. Eric Weisman