My teeth are numb after getting kicked in the face - should I be worried?

Dr. David Astrachan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Possibly

Any injury that leads to numbness could involve fractures to bones and nerve injury.
If you were kicked 6 months ago and your still numb that's annoying and not worrisome. If, however, you were just kicked you should be evaluated for a possible fracture.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. Dennis Diaz
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

There certainly can be numbness associated with any facial injury.
The concern is that you may have a fracture of the anterior wall of the cheek and this can involve the nerve that provides sensation to that area. The good news is that often it does not require any surgical treatment and resolves with time but you should at least be evaluated to rule out the presence of any other facia fracture.

Dr. Dennis Diaz
Dr. Dennis Diaz
Dr. Eric Weisman