Long term laser eye negatives? I have heard that long term getting laser eye surgury still requires you to wear glasses. What are the long term negatives and potential issues from getting laser eye surgury?

Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: Laser eye surgery

Laser eye surgery is safe and effective long-term for vision correction.
If both eyes are corrected for distance vision, then reading glasses will be needed once the patient is 45-50 years of age. If the patient does not want to use reading glasses, then monovision laser treatment can be considered.

In brief: Laser eye surgery

Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Sayjal Patel
Ophthalmology

In brief: When

When choosing a lasik eye surgeon, it's important to be educated prior to your evaluation so that you can ask appropriate questions and make the best use of your time.
I my opinion, the most unbiased resource for lasik can be found at the U.S. Food and drug administration's web site: http://www.Fda.Gov/medicaldevices/productsandmedicalprocedures/surgeryandlifesupport/lasik/default.Htm. Depending on the type of correction that you choose with your ophthalmologist, you may need reading glasses. You may be able to avoid needing reading glasses if you choose monovision but this is something you need to discuss very carefully with your ophthalmologist.

In brief: When

Dr. Sayjal Patel
Dr. Sayjal Patel
Dr. Arnon Rubin