Do i need to fix my lazy eye? When i don't wear my glasses (pretty often), my lazy eye drifts sometimes and i get double vision. Is there something i need to do about this?

In brief: Things to ponder

When you don't wear your glasses & you start having double vision, your brain doesn't like it.
Keep it up and your brain can decide to turn off the eye causing the double vision. If it happens often enough you can loose some vision permanently. Work with your eye doc to keep your eyes in the best shape possible. Wear your glasses or get surgery. What you are doing now could cause long term harm.

In brief: Things to ponder

Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: Lazy eye

Either you need to wear glasses and contact lenses all of the time or you need to consider strabismus surgery to correct the misalignment.

In brief: Lazy eye

Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Andrew Doan
Ophthalmology

In brief: When

When you don't wear glasses, your lazy eye is not fixating on targets.
As a result, this may cause the eye to drift more. As you said, wearing your glasses or contact lenses more, will reduce the drifting. Depending on how much the eye is drifting and if the eye remains in a deviated position, you may consider surgical correction where eye muscle surgery will align the eyes. Also, if you see a change in the position of your eyes over time, i encourage you to see an ophthalmologist (eye physician & surgeon) who will assess your condition, make sure it is not something bad causing the change in the eye position, and recommend a plan of action. When dealing with this problem, you have several choices: 1) do nothing; 2) wear your glasses/contacts more; 3) if the double vision bothers you, wear an eye patch; 4) if bothersome enough, seek an evaluation for surgery. I hope this information helps.

In brief: When

Dr. Andrew Doan
Dr. Andrew Doan