I am on Armour Thyroid I am on amour thyroid for hashimotos and have been on the same dose for the past year i feel great. Since I am feel good do I have to get blood work done again to get my prescription refilled for the year. Or can it be called in

Dr. Joseph Saitta
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: It

It is important to get your thyroid level checked yearly.
How much thyroid hormone you need to take to keep your levels normal will likely change as you age. Even small deviations from normal can be hazardous, and in some people thyroid levels can be dangerously abnormal without causing any obvious symptoms.

In brief: It

Dr. Joseph Saitta
Dr. Joseph Saitta
Dr. Louis Cady

In brief: Get blood work

Yes, you should get your blood work done.
Your doc will want to know if your levels are still optimum. There will be hints on your labs if your are about to start going either to high or too low on your levels, and these may show up before you feel them. Congrats on the Armour Thyroid by the way. It's an excellent drug - vastly overlooked and under-rated by most practitioners.

In brief: Get blood work

Dr. Louis Cady
Dr. Louis Cady
Dr. Keegan Duchicela